top of page


What it is and how it works...

Wooden Frame Window

Guardianship & Conservatorship

In Florida, a Guardian takes control over a person who is incapacitated or unable to care for themselves.  This can be for a child or for an adult (typically a senior citizen who has lost the ability).  There are several different types of Guardianships, including voluntary v. involuntary, and could be needed also in cases of the mentally handicapped.


A Conservator takes control over the assets and affairs of someone who is "absent".  Their absence (either presumed dead or missing) means someone is appointed to take care of their finances until the absent person returns (if ever).  This could include settling the estate of a person.

bottom of page